contributed by Bridget Lilteich
- 1/16-inch variegated rattail cord, 2 yards
- 9 X 6 mm pony beads ( your choice)
- Used in this pattern were:
- 45 S (shell) for the shell of thebody
- 38 B (blue) for the body
- 2 E (black) for the eyes
- 1 inch lanyard hook
- Apply glue to each end of the cord and twist to form a point; let dry. Fold the cord in half. Thread the folded cord end through the eye of the lanyard. Thread ends through the loop and pull tight.
- To string the beads, refer to the pattern. While stringing, pull cords tight to nest the beads together.
- String one B bead onto one cord end; thread the other cord end through the same bead in the opposite direction. Continue, following the pattern to complete five more rows.
- To create the shell, string four S beads onto one cord end. Thread the other cord end
through the same beads in the opposite direction. Note: Shell beads (color S) can be
multiple colors if desired. Repeat with three B beads, then pull cords tightly, one at a
time, until the four S beads in the previous row form an arc over the body.
Follow the pattern to continue stringing the shell, alternating the shell and body colors as indicated.
- To finish, string the four flat rows as indicated for the head, finishing with the two E beads for the eyes. Tie an overhand knot in each of the cords. Apply glue to the knot. Trim the cord 1 inch from the knot.